Dental Implants in Newark, Ohio
Dental implants provide the best possible replacement for missing or damaged teeth. They are a great option for patients who want a solution that feels and performs more like their own teeth. They are far superior to dentures both in appearance and function. When indicated they are a great alternative to a bridge since they preserve the tooth structure of adjacent teeth and allow the patient to floss normally between teeth.
Implants are attached directly to the jaw through titanium posts, which provide added stability and enhanced usability, and can also help prevent bone loss and gum deterioration. The dental implant mimics the root of natural teeth and integrates into the bone. They are extremely strong and look great!
What You Should Know About Dental Implants
- Often we will immediately place an implant when we extract an unrestorable tooth. This helps the healing process as you body has a smaller gap to fill in with bone than a traditional extraction socket.
- When the tooth is already missing we create a small incision in the gums and place the implant.
- We often wait 6 months for the implant to fully integrate with the bone before placing the final crown that will be held by the implant.
- We use genuine Biohorizons® implants and components. They are recognized as a leader in the industry and provide cutting edge products of the highest quality.
- Implants are now considered safe, routine dental procedures.
- Patients must undergo screening to determine whether they are a candidate for implants.
- Most patients experience very little discomfort after treatment.
- Resulting discomfort is typically treated with a combination of presciption and over-the-counter medication.
- Often patients can expect to return to work the day after the procedure is performed.
Our staff will provide you with complete instructions for preparing for surgery and how to properly care for your implant.