Dental Crowns in Newark, Ohio
Our expert dentists specialize in repairing teeth that have been damaged by fractures or long-term decay. Crowns allow us to restore your tooth to its original shape and function, while matching to your teeth's color to naturally blend with your smile. They are commonly used to restore damaged and misshaped teeth, as well as protect weaker teeth from breaking or becoming further damaged.
What You Should Know About Dental Crowns
Crowns typically require two appointments.
During the first appointment:
- We numb your tooth painlessly before any work is begun.
- Areas are cleaned thoroughly and any decay removed.
- An impression (or "mold") is made to create your custom crown.
- A provisional crown is then created from the impression and installed with temporary cement.
- You will wear this temporary crown while a dental laboratory creates your actual crown (approximately two weeks).
During the second appointment:
- The temporary crown is removed.
- The tooth is thoroughly cleaned again.
- The new crown is fitted permanently to your tooth.
Our staff will provide you with complete instructions on how to properly care for the new crown, including proper oral hygiene practices and appropriate eating habits.
Crowns Are Used to Treat:
- Large fillings
- Broken or fractured teeth or fillings
- Decayed teeth
- Cosmetic enhancements
- Teeth repaired with a root canal